Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Trust You With My Life ...

Today Yadiel (my son) is one month old and I woke up to the most beautiful site any mother can behold: baby on daddy's chest and both fast asleep without a care in the world. It is amazing to me just how naive and trusting babies are. Perhaps that is what makes them all so perfectly beautiful. It amazed me just how deeply Yadiel was sleeping. It's as if he knew that he could trust his father not to let him fall no matter how hard or how much he moved. 


I am relieved to know that his trust extends to all his family members. As a new mother I worried very much about not being able to cater to his needs immediately. I was worried that he might somehow grow to resent me if I spent even a second away from him or if I let him cry. However, in the month I have spent with our little one, thus far, I have come to learn that, for the most part, he will only remember how much he is loved. It might seem simple enough but knowing that means the world to me. 


Happy one month Yadiel. Mommy loves you!!!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment